Development & Communications Consultant
Farmshare Austin is seeking a temporary, part-time Development and Communications Consultant to bring a strategic focus to development and communications with the goals of widening and deepening our circle of friends who support Farmshare’s mission.
Located on a 10-acre certified organic farm in Eastern Travis County, Farmshare Austin’s mission is to grow a healthy, just and equitable local food system by increasing community food access and cultivating new farmers. We envision a future of resilient local food economies that ensures equitable access to food and to the resources needed to farm.
Fresh for Less Curbside Delivery and Mobile Markets
Started in 2016, Fresh for Less is a weekly, year-round source of healthy, fresh food for neighborhoods in the Eastern Crescent of Austin and Travis County. We sell at reduced prices Farmshare produce, other produce and healthy grocery staples such as canned beans, rice and local eggs.
Cultivating New Farmers
Begun in 2014, Farmer Starter is a 5-month immersive beginning farmer training program designed to launch adults with the essential skills and training into careers in sustainable agriculture. Taught twice yearly, the course focuses on the art, science and business of farming through in-field training, formal classroom education and community workshops at other farms.
Development & Communications Consultant Scope of Work
The consultant is responsible for managing events, fundraising and communications for Farmshare Austin, providing overall vision and strategy. The consultant will be working directly with the Executive Director and the Farmshare Board Development & Communications Committee. Approximately 20 hours/week. $25/hour. Work can be done remotely with some time at the farm for photography, videos and interviews.
Primary responsibilities include:
1) managing all aspects of Farmshare’s annual signature community fundraising events - the June Tomato Celebration and December Veggie You-Pick, including logistics, sponsor recruitment and media;
2) managing Farmshare’s participation in the annual Amplify Austin, I Live Here I Give Here campaign each March;
3) managing donor contacts, donor acknowledgements, and donor cultivation;
4) developing and carrying out an overall Farmshare communications strategy;
5) working with Farmshare Education and Food Access teams to develop and disseminate program specific information and announcements on all platforms;
6) creating and managing compelling written and visual communications for a variety of platforms, including frequent and engaging social media posts;
7) developing the annual calendar for the monthly newsletter; composing and disseminating the newsletter;
8) editing and maintaining Farmshare Austin’s website, hosted by Wix, including events and donor pages; and
9) able to work with all Farmshare staff to cultivate an environment of equity and inclusivity in which people of all cultures, races, gender identities and sexual orientations are valued and supported.
This position pays $25 per hour and will start as soon as possible. While this is a part-time, temporary consultant position, we anticipate hiring a full-time Development & Communications Manager by August, 2022.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and 3 references to Farmshare Executive Director Andrea Abel, email@example.com by February 6th.
3608 River Road
Cedar Creek, TX 78612