We Grow Farmers!
Farmer Starter is an immersive farmer training program on a working, certified organic, diversified vegetable farm designed to provide aspiring farmers with the essential skills and training needed to manage a sustainable farming business.
Through a blend of in-field training and formal classroom education, the 5 month program trains students in:
• Organic, regenerative, and sustainable growing methods
• Soil health and fertility management
• Organic pest and disease control methods
• Greenhouse management and propagation
• Holistic farm planning & crop planning
• Equipment use & maintenance
• Business planning
Students graduate the program with practical knowledge and experience in organic and sustainable growing methods and the business and financial planning skills necessary to establish a successful market farm.
Click the button below to learn more about the program and apply!
Farmer Starter is supported by Southern SARE: Supporting the family farm, promoting conservation, and strengthening communities through sustainable agriculture strategies.
We would like to thank Easy Digging Tools for their support of Farmer Starter.