We Grow Farmers!
Farmer Starter is an immersive farmer training program on a working, certified organic, diversified vegetable farm designed to provide aspiring farmers with the essential skills and training needed to manage a sustainable farming business.
Through a blend of in-field training and formal classroom education, the 5 month program trains students in:
• Organic, regenerative, and sustainable growing methods
• Soil health and fertility management
• Organic pest and disease control methods
• Greenhouse management and propagation
• Holistic farm planning & crop planning
• Equipment use & maintenance
• Business planning
Students graduate the program with practical knowledge and experience in organic and sustainable growing methods and entrepreneurial skills necessary to establish a successful market farm.
Click the button below to learn more about the program and apply!
Thank you to our Supporters
Donovan Family Fund
Come learn with us
Community Classes and workshops
Farmer Starter: We Grow Farmers!
Beginning to Intermediate Farmer and Rancher Program Development: Formative Evaluation